Appliance used: V-Zug
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Preparation: 30 minutes
200 g beetroot, raw
10 g horseradish, fresh
4 sprigs of dill
150 g sugar
250 g Sea salt, coarse
500 g king mackerel, skinned, boneless
250 g leaf lettuce, e.g. Mesclun
- Peel and coarsely grate the beetroot. Finely chop the dill.
Mix the salt, sugar and dill together. Rub the king mackerel all over with horseradish.
- Sprinkle half the salt mixture on the bottom of the porcelain dish.
- Spread half the beetroot over the salt mixture and lay the king mackerel on top. Spread the other half of the beetroot and the rest of the salt mixture on top of the fish.
- Cover the porcelain dish with cling film and place in the refrigerator to steep for 3 hours.
- Remove the salt mixture and beetroot from the king mackerel and then rinse and flake the fish.
- Arrange the king mackerel on the plates and garnish with the leaf lettuce.