Appliance used: V-Zug Combair-Steam SE
Cooking time: 23 minutes
Preparation: 30 minutes
70 g hazelnuts, ground
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp cream
1 tbsp sultanas
6 apples, sweet-sour
35 g breadcrumbs
35 g hazelnuts, ground
1 puff pastry, rectangular, approx. 24 × 42 cm
- For the filling, zest and juice the lemon. Mix the lemon zest and juice with all the other ingredients. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag.
- Peel and core the apples. Stuff the apples with the filling. Mix the breadcrumbs and ground hazelnuts together.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry into six squares (approx. 15 × 15 cm). Spread a dollop of the breadcrumb and nut mixture in the centre of each puff pastry square and place an apple on top.
- Pull the corners of the puff pastry square diagonally over the apple, then press the corners together firmly.
- Place the puff pastry wrapped apples on a lined baking tray.
- Put the tray into the cold cooking space. Bake.
Professional baking puff pastry 220°C for 23 Mins
The amount of juice that seeps out of the apples during baking depends on the type of apple used.